Memory Care Concord CA – Alzheimer’s and Other Dementia
You Are Not Alone.
A recent study suggests that as many as 5 million Americans 65 and over have Alzheimer’s disease. Since the US population is aging and the risk of Alzheimer’s increases with age, you can see how important it is to have the proper support and care when managing this disease.
What is Dementia? Dementia is a general term for a decline in mental ability. Dementia is not a specific disease, it’s an overall term that describes a wide range of symptoms related to a decline in memory or other thinking skills severe enough to reduce a person’s ability to perform everyday activities. about dementia
What is Alzheimer’s? Alzheimer’s is a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Symptoms usually develop slowly and get worse over time, becoming severe enough to interfere with daily tasks. For most people, symptoms first appear after age 60. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 50 to 80 percent of dementia cases. about Alzheimer’s
What is needed? The needs for memory care are different. Current research demonstrates that the most significant things we can are physical activity, socialization, good nutrition, a consistent routine, a sense of purpose all in an environment that is safe and secure. We meet those special needs every day by offering the following:
- A Safe and Secure Environment – Safety first is of utmost importance. Residents in this secure area of our community also wear Wander Guards. They are in our care and they are safe.
- A Caring Staff – Our experience with Alzheimer’s and dementia care is long and extensive. Our mission is to provide a place where residents may live fully and with dignity. Our staff receives regular ongoing training for memory care and is available 24/7.
- A Nurturing Environment – From our sunny courtyards to our café and library, we provide a variety of spaces to enjoy.
- Dining and Wellness – Nutrition is a big part of our care. Proper care means proper nutrition and we make sure our residents are eating nutritious and balanced meals
- Life Enrichment – We offer programs designed to keep our residents engaged physically, socially and emotionally.
Choosing the right memory care facility is an important decision. Often times, there are conflicting emotions that come into play. We have experience with this transition and feel that assisting in this process is as important as taking excellent care of you or your loved one. We can help you through this process.
You’ll enjoy our full service Alzheimer’s and dementia care facility. Our amenities include:
- Private and companion suites
- All utilities including basic cable TV
- Sun-filled courtyards and patios
- Concierge service
- Weekly housekeeping
- Professional and caring staff 24 hours a day
- On-Site laundry
- Medication management
- 3 Meals served daily
- Planned activities each day
- Transportation to medical and dental appointments
- Emergency call system
Can you join us for lunch? The only real way to evaluate a memory care facility is to visit. Conveniently located in Concord, CA, we’ll show you around and have you meet our residents so you can see for yourself the quality of care we provide. Schedule a tour or call today: 925-798-3900.